Gender-Sexuality Professional Alliance Group
This working group of LGBTQ+* professionals will provide a unique opportunity for educators to connect in a confidential, respectful, and relaxed atmosphere. The ultimate goal is to develop a network of LGBTQ+ educators which continues well beyond the four meetings.
SESSION 1: October 22, 2019 at Head-Royce School
SESSION 2: December 10, 2019 at Head-Royce School
SESSION 3: February 6, 2020 at Head-Royce School
SESSION 4: March 24, 2020 at Head-Royce School
This working group of LGBTQ+* professionals will provide a unique opportunity for educators to connect in a confidential, respectful, and relaxed atmosphere. The ultimate goal is to develop a network of LGBTQ+ educators which continues well beyond our four meetings.
Each meeting will provide time for participants to share stories, ask questions, celebrate successes and identify strategies to addresses any challenges or concerns presented. In addition, we will explore a particular theme which will help guide and build upon your school’s capacity to understand and celebrate students, staff, and families of all genders and sexualities.
The specific themes covered will reflect the common interests and needs of the participants and naturally evolve over the course of the year. Possible themes may include:
- Coming out and being out in the workplace
- Supporting LGBTQ+ students and related social justice clubs
- Working with families that hold a wide range of beliefs and perspectives
- Identifying and problem-solving common questions and concerns
- Incorporating historical and current event gender and sexuality lessons in class discussions
- Building an LGBTQ+ inclusive school library
- Reviewing resources within the community and beyond
* LGBTQ+ is a term that embraces a wide range of sexualities and genders including, but not limited to, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning/queer.
Date: October 22, 2019
Life happens. We understand that there will be times when you cannot attend a workshop that you have registered and paid for. We strive to be as helpful and flexible as possible when things out of your control happen. Please visit our FAQ page for detailed information about our cancellation policy and answers to frequently asked questions about enrollment and membership.