Developing Your Leadership Capacity (LA)
This four-part seminar focuses on the power of active mentoring, hands-on coaching, personal connections, and regular reflection. Using the latest research and best practices, from the fields of education and business, this program supports its participants in demystifying and developing the key skills and habits of becoming and maintaining effective roles in leadership. The participants will deepen their own leadership capacity by exploring leadership style, school culture, communication, diversity and innovation, personal reflection, meaningful connections, and data-driven decision-making. A key theme throughout will be the power of mentoring and coaching, expanded upon by guest speakers, the facilitators’ experiences, and the participants’ strengths, themselves.
This program is designed for aspiring and current educational leaders, in both academic and non-academic (admissions, communications, development, human resources, etc.) roles.
Developing Your Leadership Capacity: A Four Part Seminar Series will be framed around four central themes:
1. Getting Better: Growth-focused feedback and evaluation of self
- Articulate and define your unique leadership story
- Look ahead with goal setting and benchmarking
- Develop your skills as a leader of innovation, diversity and inclusivity
2. Leading From Where You Are: Achieve your goals by understanding your school’s culture and your place in it
- Identify and analyze organizational structures at your school, and your place in those
- Explore the culture of administration and leadership at your school
3. Building Connections: Mentorship and the Art of Networking
- Identify and grow your essential connections
4. Leading with Data: What’s in the numbers?
- Understand how data adds to your leadership narrative