Creating Gender Inclusive Schools (Bay Area)
Participants who attend this workshop will work together to explore the dynamic topic of gender and creating gender inclusive schools. The day is designed to address and debate the most frequently asked questions and concerns about this quickly expanding subject. Using real case studies to guide our discussion, educators will increase their individual capacity to help their classrooms and schools embrace a wide range of genders, gender identities, and expressions. Ample time will be provided to reflect, ask questions, and share both personal and professional insight.
This professional development will include:
- An overview of the different elements of gender
- How gender inclusive schools positively impacts each member of the community, regardless of gender identity or expression
- Concrete strategies that may be implemented immediately and over time
- Best practice to support students, teachers and families who are transgender, gender expansive, and/or transitioning
- Resource and book recommendations for adults and students of all ages
PRINT FLYER >>> Print and share with your school community!