Assessment to Support Student Learning (LA)
This two-day deep-dive into the scope, purpose and possibilities of assessment will build participants’ skills and confidence in using formative and summative assessment effectively with students. Designed for K-12 teachers, curriculum directors, instructional coaches, and administrators, this intensive two-day program will provide participants the research and practice to:
- Understand the purpose and uses of formative assessment, and apply this knowledge by:
- Creating lesson-sized learning targets and success criteria
- Providing descriptive feedback on student work
- Understand the purpose and uses of summative assessment, and apply this knowledge by:
- Creating effective classroom tests
- Creating effect performance tasks and rubrics
The workshop will model a variety of assessment techniques by asking participants to set their own learning goals for the workshop, monitor and adjust their work, and reflect on their learning. Participants should bring their own teaching materials and/or student work to use as the basis for the application activities (more information on what to bring will be provided to participants before the workshop).
PRINT FLYER >>> Print and share with your school community!