Gender-Sexuality Professional Alliance Group (SF)
Early-bird (before Sept 1): $1100 Members
Regular (Sept 2 – Oct 3): $1200 Members
Late (after Oct 4): $1250 Members
This working group of LGBTQ+* professionals will provide a unique opportunity for educators to connect in a confidential, respectful, and relaxed atmosphere. The ultimate goal is to develop a network of LGBTQ+ educators which continues well beyond our four meetings.
Each meeting will provide time for participants to share stories, ask questions, celebrate successes and identify strategies to addresses any challenges or concerns presented. In addition, we will explore a particular theme which will help guide and build upon your school’s capacity to understand and celebrate students, staff, and families of all genders and sexualities.
The specific themes covered will reflect the common interests and needs of the participants and naturally evolve over the course of the year. Possible themes may include:
- Coming out and being out in the workplace
- Supporting LGBTQ+ students and related social justice clubs
- Working with families that hold a wide range of beliefs and perspectives
- Identifying and problem-solving common questions and concerns
- Incorporating historical and current event gender and sexuality lessons in class discussions
- Building an LGBTQ+ inclusive school library
- Reviewing resources within the community and beyond
* LGBTQ+ is a term that embraces a wide range of sexualities and genders including, but not limited to, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning/queer.
PRINT FLYER >>> Print and share with your school community!