Diversity, Inclusivity and Equity Focus Group (LA)
Early-bird (before Sept 1): $1100 Members
Regular (Sept 2 – Sept 13): $1200 Members
Late (after Sept 13): $1250 Members
This program is an opportunity for educators committed to the work of diversity, equity and inclusion to develop an understanding of practices and strategies to navigate their school community and institutional structure to affect change. Participants will use the latest research and facilitated discussion to explore a range of topics, such as racial literacy, gender diversity, socio-economic inclusion, hiring and retention strategies for underrepresented groups, multicultural curricula, and inclusive instructional practices. Ultimately, participants will consider the interplay between organizational/institutional structures and best practices/strategies, recognizing that effective leadership in the field of diversity and inclusion is context- and community-specific.
Whether you are new to the work or have been doing this work for a long time, this program will meet and support you where you are, recognizing that school communities and practitioners are at unique places in this work.
Through this year-long series, participants will:
- Explore the many facets of multicultural and diversity responsive curricula and communities;
- Develop new skills and explore school-wide strategies for promoting diversity and inclusivity, based on current research and best practices;
- Collaborate and problem solve with a cohort of like-minded educators around common challenges;
- Network and build personal and professional relationships with others committed to diversity and inclusivity work in independent schools.
This program is ideal for:
- Diversity Program Leaders, Coordinators, and Advisors
- Administrators, Service Learning Directors, Deans, Curriculum Directors
- Teacher Leaders
PRINT FLYER >>> Print and share with your school community!