The California Teacher Development Collaborative (CATDC) is hiring a part-time Events Coordinator. This is great opportunity for an experienced event coordinator or project manager interested in a flexible work schedule who can also commit to attending all our Southern California workshops. Please look over our events calendar before applying, and understand that additional events may be added. The CATDC is a growing organization with an immediate need for a dynamic and warm person to provide on the ground and behind the scenes support for our Los Angeles Program Director.
Time commitment is approximately 8-10 hours per week, beginning as soon as possible and lasting through the end of May 2018. We are looking for someone in the Los Angeles/Pasadena area. For the right candidate, this position could grow in responsibility and extend beyond the initial contract
ABOUT THE CATDC
The CATDC is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that offers professional development opportunities to educators in California independent schools. CATDC workshops, events, on-going programs, and summer institutes bring teachers and administrators together to learn, share knowledge, and develop long-term professional relationships. Participants gain skills, tools, and resources that are directly applicable to their work in independent schools and promote excellence in teaching and learning.
The position entails coordinating all aspects of CATDC events in Southern California, including but not limited to the following duties:
- Attend all events and handle all event logistics, including; registration, attendee tracking/follow-up, materials preparation and presentation support, and pre- and post-event evaluations
- Work with on-site/school-based staff, when available, to ensure proper technology set-up, room/facilities set-up, parking for CATDC participants and facilitators, and special room access when needed
- Coordinate and set-up all food for events, including working with on- or off-site caterers
- Adhere to set budgets
- Schedule and communicate key details with vendors, facilitators, and participants
- Coordinate travel for participants or facilitators when needed
- Support the Los Angeles Program Director in publicizing and marketing all events
- Prepare powerpoint presentations, InDesign documents, handouts and other materials
- Work with online printers to develop event materials
- Create targeted lists for CATDC marketing and outreach
- Support the Los Angeles Program Director in managing correspondence
- Prepare name tags, handouts, resources, and anything else needed for all events
- Perform general administrative and clerical support as assigned
The Events Coordinator reports directly to the Los Angeles Program Director and will work in collaboration with the entire CATDC team.
This position is remote. Ideal candidate will have his/her own workspace, including access to a printer, computer, and phone. Appropriate expenses will be reimbursed.
- BA degree
- Experience in event coordination
- Appreciation for the misson of the CATDC
- Experience in a non-profit organization and/or the field of education
- Experience using Google Apps, Eventbrite, and SurveyMonkey a plus
- Experience with independent schools and the CATDC a plus
Salary commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
The CATDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer