The California Teacher Development Collaborative (CATDC) is currently seeking a part-time Business Manager. We estimate this to be approximately 5-10 hours per month, with extra time needed when preparing for board meetings or our annual tax returns. Our office is based in San Francisco, California. We will consider a remote candidate that is able to travel to San Francisco occasionally for board meetings.
ABOUT THE CATDC
The CATDC is a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit organization that offers professional development opportunities to educators in California independent schools. CATDC workshops, events, on-going programs, and summer institutes bring teachers and administrators together to learn, share knowledge, and develop long-term professional relationships. Participants gain skills, tools, and resources that are directly applicable to their work in independent schools and promote excellence in teaching and learning.
Train and oversee CATDC staff for the following duties, including a role in each process:
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Bank account reconciliations
- Process reimbursements to employees and facilitators
- Create budgets for workshops and offer analysis to create best practices
- Assist the Executive Director and staff with financial analysis and reporting, such as forecasting, budgeting, and engaging in cost reduction analysis
Be primarily responsible for:
- Annual budget preparation
- Maintain a coherent system of accounts, with a supporting filing system
- Collect information as needed for a bi-annual financial review
- Create monthly financial statements and financial reports as needed
- Manage semi-monthly payroll processing through Execustaff a Professional Employment Organization
- Financial reporting for quarterly board meeting
- Preparation of annual tax return and supporting work papers
- Renewal of commercial and D&O Liability Insurance
This position reports directly to the Executive Director and will work in collaboration with the Board of Directors.
- Accounting or business degree
- Experience in non-profit organizations
- Experience in the education field
- Experience using QuickBooks accounting software in a non-profit environment
- Interest in our mission
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The CATDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer